|Nimi||European Dual Studies University_kopio|
|Kuvaus||Objectives of the alliance are e.g., to
- establish cooperation mechanism to collaborate across borders on teaching, research and industry outreach around social grand challenges
- launch a joint micro-credential portal, offering continuing career development and new skills
- launch an ecosystem of joint research projects, at micro-, meso- and macro-level
- create an unparalleled transnational work-based learning program with strong support from local and global businesses
- set up a Centre of Excellence on Dual Education
|Kehittämistarve||The European Commission is offering seed funding to help launch universities that:
1. Include partners from all types of higher education institution and cover a broad geographic scope across Europe
2. Are based upon a co-envisioned long-term strategy focused on sustainability, excellence and European values
3. Offer student-centred curricula jointly delivered across inter-university campuses, where diverse student bodies can build their own programs and experience mobility at all levels of study
4. Adopt a challenge-based approach according to which students, academics and external partners can cooperate in
inter-disciplinary teams to tackle the biggest issues facing Europe today
EU4DUAL's mission is to use transnational Dual Education, a model involving close collaboration between students, academics and business stakeholders, to help Europe address major societal challenges.
The challenges that include climate change, de-carbonisation, digitisation, etc. will pose in society in general and industry in particular and will shape a new landscape of work and profession. The unique profile of our institutions will play a very important role in addressing these challenges.
|Toimenpiteet||Over the next four years, we intend to
- establish a cooperation mechanism to collaborate across borders on teaching, research and industry outreach around societal grand challenges
- ensure that the majority of programs offered by the dual university include research, teaching or internship elements from at least two members of the institution
- launch a joint micro-credential portal, offering continuing career development and new skills created by us as well as our industry partners, linked to our grand challenges
- launch an ecosystem of joint research projects, at micro-, meso- and macro-level supporting the development of our grand challenges
- create an unparalleled transnational work-based learning program with strong support from local and global businesses.
|Kumppanit||The EU4DUAL European University Alliance on Dual Education is constituted by Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg (Germany), Mondragon Unibertsitatea (Spain), FH JOANNEUM Gesellschaft mbH (Austria), Savonia UAS (Finland), ESTIA Institute of Technology (France), Neumann Janos Egyetem (Hungary), PAR University College (Croatia), Malta College of Arts, Science and Technology (Malta) and Koszalin University of Technology (Poland).|